Collections of historical mental health records are increasingly becoming available digitally and for online access. This page includes a list of collections. If you would like to add your collection to this list, please contact the project team.
- Friends’ Asylum for the Relief of Persons by Haverford College Libraries
- Digitized Mental Healthcare Collections by The Wellcome Library
Finding aids for historical records of state hospitals in Virginia:
- A Guide to the Records of Central State Hospital, 1874-1961
- A Guide to the Records of Western State Hospital, 1825-2000
- A Guide to the Records of Eastern State Hospital, 1770-2009
National Archives and Records Administration: